Halo Vent was created to treat tension pneumothorax, the second leading cause of preventable death on the battlefield. Halo Vent, a vented occlusive dressing, is durable with an aggressive adhesive, easy to use and performs in a wide range of operational environments.
Halo Vent features:
- Contains (1) HALO Vent and (1) HALO Seal for both entrance and exit wounds
- 4 vent positions assure that the vent will function and drain regardless of orientation
- Retains effectiveness when folded or crushed
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 5.5”
- 6-year shelf life
- Manufactured in the USA
- Patent Number: US 9,452,088
The HALO Advantage:
- Highly effective medical grade hydrogel that allows HALO Vent to stick in wet, bloody, sandy or harsh environments.
- Features scrim, a non-woven material that is added to the HALO hydrogel to keep the gel from migrating in high heat environments.
- Temperature range of -30° - 140° F.
Outer Tape Edge
- Tape edge is more forgiving when handling with gloved or bare hands.
- Studies show that the outer tape edge has a wider operating temperature range and performs extremely well in freezing and elevated temperatures.
Size and Shape
- Covers a greater surface area, and aids in coverage of larger, unpredictable wound patterns.
- Oval shape allows for greater adherence around the contours of the body.
- Large pull tab allows for effective placement and wound burping.
- Durable packaging is impenetrable to water, air, gases, and is puncture and tear resistant.
- Material can be used as an additional occlusive barrier, by using tape to secure the barrier.
- The package contains tear notches at all 4 corners as well as a re-closable zipper lock at the top of pouch.