The CT-6 is a Leg Traction Splint designed for Pre Hospital Care and Patient transport, specifically in combat scenarios. It is primarily used on patients with mid-line femur fractures. The CT-6 helps relieve patient pain and prevents further damage to surrounding muscle and tissue while reducing the risk of death caused from severed arteries. The CT-6 is made of carbon tubing which snaps together via an internal bungee. A Cobra buckle secures the Ischial strap to the upper leg and groin. These buckles prevent accidental releases and are commonly used by US military forces. Traction is achieved with a 4 to1 purchase system using a small line to apply tension. This method results in a very precise and delicate form or traction that is also powerful enough to be effective on extra large adults. The CT-6 is extremely compact, light and strong.
- Light: Unit weighs 1.1 lbs (500 grams)
- Compact: Unit fits in small synch bag, 11 x 4 x 3in.
- Includes Molle compatible bag, labeled.
- Strong: Carbon Fiber poles and injection molded plastics.
- Effective: Four to one pulley system for efficient, easily adjustable traction.
- One unit fits both Adult and Pediatric patients.
- NSN 6515 01 521 5730