Infrascanner Model 2000
INFRA-2000 /NSN: 6515-01-626-6441
RX ONLY: Sale of this medical device is restricted to a licensed medical practitioner or those under the order and supervision of a licensed medical practitioner. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to assure that they are properly supervised and trained in the use of this device, based on their state and local medical protocols. A Medical License or Authorization from your Medical Director will be required before we fulfill your order.Download a copy of our License Authorization Form.
The Infrascanner is a portable screening device that uses Near-Infrared (NIR) technology to screen patients for intracranial bleeding, identifying those who would most benefit from immediate referral to a CT scan, pharmacological or neurosurgical intervention. In the triage of head trauma patients, the Infrascanner can identify patients most likely to have intracranial bleeding.
- A 431 patient, multi-center clinical trial, demonstrated that the Infrascanner was better than a physical examination alone in identifying patients at high risk of intracranial bleeding.
- The Infrascanner is light-weight and handheld, and provides a simple, positive or negative graphic report and can be used as a simple extension of the routine neurological examination.
- The Infrascanner is not a replacement for a CT scan. It is a simple, easy-to-use screening tool which can be used to identify high-risk patients, who can then be prioritized for transportation to a trauma center where a CT scan and neurosurgical treatment is available.
- Statistics from Iraq shows that 30% of all wounded in action have head injuries, and 40% of them have brain hematomas. Intracranial hematomas are a significant but treatable cause of secondary brain injury in patients with head trauma.
Infrascanner Detection Abilities:
- Patient measurement is completed within 2-3 minutes.
- Can detect hematomas greater than 3.5 cc in volume.
- Detects hematomas up to 2.5 cm deep from the surface of the brain (or 3.5cm from the skin surface).
- Weight: 400 grams or 14.11 Ounces
- Rechargeable or AA Batteries
- Infrascanner 2000
- Shields (Disposable) 2
- Charging Cradle
- Rechargeable Battery
- Power Cord with
- International Adapters
- Kwik Point Reference Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Training CD
- Transport Case