Infrascanner Model 2000- Clinical Configuration w 25 Disposable Shields
INFRA-2000CRegular price $13,255.00 Save $-13,255.00
The Infrascanner is a portable screening device that uses Near-Infrared (NIR) technology to screen patients for intracranial bleeding, identifying those who would most benefit from immediate referral to a CT scan, pharmacological or neurosurgical intervention. In the triage of head trauma patients, the Infrascanner can identify patients most likely to have intracranial bleeding.
- A 431 patient, multi-center clinical trial, demonstrated that the Infrascanner was better than a physical examination alone in identifying patients at high risk of intracranial bleeding.
- The Infrascanner is light-weight and handheld, and provides a simple, positive or negative graphic report and can be used as a simple extension of the routine neurological examination.
- The Infrascanner is not a replacement for a CT scan. It is a simple, easy-to-use screening tool which can be used to identify high-risk patients, who can then be prioritized for transportation to a trauma center where a CT scan and neurosurgical treatment is available.
- Statistics from Iraq shows that 30% of all wounded in action have head injuries, and 40% of them have brain hematomas. Intracranial hematomas are a significant but treatable cause of secondary brain injury in patients with head trauma.
Infrascanner Detection Abilities:
- Patient measurement is completed within 2-3 minutes.
- Can detect hematomas greater than 3.5 cc in volume.
- Detects hematomas up to 2.5 cm deep from the surface of the brain (or 3.5cm from the skin surface).
- Weight: 400 grams or 14.11 Ounces
- Rechargeable or AA Batteries
- Infrascanner 2000
- Shields (Disposable) Box 25
- Charging Cradle
- Rechargeable Battery
- Power Cord with
- International Adapters
- Kwik Point Reference Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Training CD
- Transport Case