HALO Seal was created to treat tension pneumothorax, the second leading cause of preventable death on the battlefield. Halo Seal, an occlusive dressing, is durable with an aggressive adhesive, easy to use and performs in a wide range of operational environments.
HALO Seal features:
- Contains (2) HALO Seals to treat both entrance & exit wounds
- Retains effectiveness when folded or crushed
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 5.5”
- 6-year shelf life
- Manufactured in the USA
The HALO Advantage:
- Highly effective medical grade hydrogel that allows HALO Seal to stick in wet, bloody, sandy or harsh environments.
- Features scrim, a non-woven material that is added to the HALO hydrogel to keep the gel from migrating in high heat environments.
- Temperature range of -30° - 140° F.
Outer Tape Edge
- Tape edge is more forgiving when handling with gloved or bare hands.
- Studies show that the outer tape edge has a wider operating temperature range and performs extremely well in freezing and elevated temperatures
Size and Shape
- Covers a greater surface area, and aids in coverage of larger, unpredictable wound patterns.
- Oval shape allows for greater adherence around the contours of the body.
- Large pull tab allows for effective placement and wound burping.
- Durable packaging is impenetrable to water, air, gases, and is puncture and tear resistant.
- Material can be used as an additional occlusive barrier, by using tape to secure the barrier.
- The package contains tear notches at all 4 corners as well as a re-closable zipper lock at the top of pouch.